Roane State’s Foundation Scholarship Application
Foundation Scholarship Application
The Foundation Scholarship Application for 2013/2014 is now available.
Please read the following information carefully. Save or print this page for future reference.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (some scholarships require a higher GPA)
- Resident of Tennessee
- Enrolled at Roane State
- Submission of the completed online Foundation Scholarship Application
- You may apply for all scholarships for which you meet criteria requirements.
- The Deadline for scholarships which are awarded at your high school Awards Night or Commencement services isApril 21, 2013. Deadline for all music scholarship applications is also April 21, 2013. The deadline for all other scholarship applications is May 31, 2013.
- Recipients will receive an award letter at their roanestate.edu email address listing requirements necessary to accept the scholarship and receive the scholarship funds. A thank-you letter must be uploaded into your application file before any awards are granted. Failure to submit the letter will result in cancellation of the scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded annually with the award amounts credited to the student’s account each semester.
- Scholarships are not available for summer semester.
- Generally, students may receive only one Foundation scholarship per academic year.
- Students may only receive Foundation scholarships for a total of two years.
- Roane State Foundation scholarships are not awarded to students who have received a Bachelors Degree.
- Roane State Scholarship Committee has final authority regarding scholarship awards. The applicants name and personal information is not revealed to the Scholarship
- Review Committee. The Roane State Scholarship Selection Committee may authorize or withdraw scholarships at any time.
Release of Information. In applying for, and accepting, a scholarship from the Roane State Foundation each recipient agrees that his/her grade point average and other pertinent information may be released for publicity purposes or correspondence related to the College or Foundation.
Notification Instructions. It is the responsibility of each applicant to check his/her Roane State RaiderNet email address for notification and acceptance of a Foundation scholarship. Failure to complete award requirements will result in loss of scholarship and/or repayment of funds, if applicable.