The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International
Rules and Regulations for the 2012 Competition
A. Each school may enter one applicant.
B. Each contestant must:
1. Be a girl graduating in May 2012
2. Be planning to become a teacher
II. Preliminary Preparations
A. The guidance counselor in each school will deliver to interested applicants the personal profile from and five copies of rating sheet.
B. The applicants must distribute copies of the rating sheet to five different teachers for rating. These teachers are to return the rating sheets directly to the guidance counselor.
C. Complete a copy of
1. Personal profile
2. An essay (a minimum of 150 words original: subject – “Why I Am Choosing Teaching As A Profession”)
3. Transcript of grades, credits, test scores, and rank in class
4. One billfold size picture (optional)
D. Each guidance counselor as soon as possible
1. Compile the rating of five teachers
2. Select one applicant from those submitted
3. Send all related materials of selected applicant to chairpersons of Professional Affairs Committee by March 15, 2012
2016 Ceder Lane
Kingston, TN 37763
III. Final selection will be made by the Professional Affairs Committee