Go to "Latest News" for Semester Exam Schedule
December 2, 2016 Announcements
- Every Friday will be Ugly Christmas Sweater day!
The RCHS Theater program will putting on their first performances of the year on Friday December 2nd at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 3rd at 7:00 p.m. It will be a double feature of The 10 Worst Breakups and 10 Ways to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse. Admission for adults will be $5, student and child admission will be $3. Please come out and support the theater program.
The upcoming ACT Prep Workshop that will be held at Roane State Community College’s Oak Ridge campus on December 3 from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Registration will be open online until Thursday at www.roanestate.edu/actworkshop or they may register over the phone at 865.481.2031 or 865.354.3000 ext. 4136
Attention DECA Competition Team Members: There will be a meeting on Tuesday December 6 at 8:00 am in Mr. Pickell’s room. All DECA Competition Team members need to attend.
There are still many KES students that have not been picked for the KES Christmas angel tree. Please come by Mrs. Thompson's room ASAP to select a child to help them have a memorable Christmas
2016-17 Yearbooks can be purchased now for $70. Prices will increase after Thanksgiving. See Mr. Pickell for details.
The purpose/mission of Roane County High School is to promote excellence in all things.
The vision of Roane County High School is to create a safe, supportive environment where all learners are expected to engage in a learning process in which they are challenged to achieve their highest potential.
- All Students in our school need to have an equal opportunity to learn.
- Students learn best when all stakeholders communicate and maintain high expectations for learning.
- School policies should be clearly stated, well publicized, and uniformly enforced.
- Students learn best in an environment that facilitates communication, respect, and safety.
- Teachers use state standards to guide instruction and use assessment data to monitor and adjust instruction.